Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Mary's Secret Garden

So it's been quite an eternity since this blog has been updated, blame it on the holidays. I decided to resurrect it to write a post about a vegan restaurant I visited for the first time last week. Mary's Secret Garden is tucked away in a very smal space next to an art gallery in Ventura, but if you find it you won't be disappointed. They have an array of vegetarian fare such as the Vegan Pad Thai with Shrimp that I sampled. I enjoyed it a lot. Mine came with cilantro which I enjoy, but my mom hates it so on her pad thai she requested basil and the staff was really good about accomidating special orders. My dad ordered a veggie soy burger, but it had a really yummy southwestern sauce that set it apart from your normal veggie burger. For dessert, we split rice pudding with mangos which was super delicious! Oh, and to drink we had earl grey tea with organic raw sugar cubes. The waitresses were very nice and attentive. The downsides were that since the space is small, you feel like people are so close they can't help listening in on your conversations (or at least that's the vibe I got). And you have to walk by the cooks in the kitchen to get to bathroom. But other than that, I would highly recommend coming here for dinner. Not only was the food good, we left feeling happy that we all eaten an entirely meat-free dinner.

100 S. Fir St.
Ventura, California 93001

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Impressora e Multifuncional, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://impressora-multifuncional.blogspot.com. A hug.

JHo3000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
JHo3000 said...
This comment has been removed by the author.